Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Star of the Yellow Bistro

The sun will be going down soon.  I'd like to slip out back on the deck and relax at my new yellow bistro set.


Let's dress the table.  Aren't those placemats darling?


The sun's fading.  Hey, who's that peeking from behind the tumbler?


There she is again.



Do you see her?


There * she * is.




Dishes:  Hey, hey over here.  Check out these yellow and green petals.  After all, this is about the dishes, even if we are plastic.


Time to light the candles.


She sure is a ham.  Spicy too, that color is brilliant.


Dishes:  Can't we get a portrait alone?!



A bird's eye view...


Do you see her from the corner of your eye, too?


Let's fly o'er top again.



She's hot!


Dishes:  Yuhoo, over here.  Remember me?


Dishes:  Hey, this was supposed to be my spotlight.


All aglow.



Circling around again.


Star:  Wow, finally alone time...


Pilot:  Wow, I thought they'd never leave.  I've been checking you out all night.


Star:  Kiss me goodnight.


Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for giving me and so many other dish-a-holics the opportunity to share our tablescapes at her blog party, Tablescape Thursday.  Click HERE to see all the creative tablescapes participating this week in Tablescape Thursday.

The Setting
Yellow bistro set:  HomeGoods

The Supporting Cast
Tablecloth and napkins:  HomeGoods
Napkin rings:  Pier 1
Platic dishes:  Big Lots (years ago)
Candlesticks and pillar candles:  HomeGoods
Chair Cushions:  Pier 1

The Star and Co-star
Ceramic bird filled candles:  HomeGoods


19 comments:

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Cute table!

Donna

Tricia said...

What a cute post! I love the color scheme you used with that pretty tablecloth. A very inviting table! I have a similar bird candle in green, so now you have me thinking about how to use it in a tablescape!

Unknown said...

Beautiful table, love your placemats. Cute bird candles too.

Hugs
Charo

Barbara said...

Love those plate and your yellow bistro set.

Jacqueline said...

Aha, you are a fan of Home Goods too! I told my husband, I am not addicted to anything, I don't collect anything, and you are lucky that the closest thing I have to an addiction is TJ Maxx/Home Goods. I think it is the funnest treasure hunting store there is. Such beautiful colors. Love that bistro and those place mats.

MJ said...

I love the pretty tablecloth...you complemented it so well with all your accessories. Birds are my favorite. Love the table for two...im going to start my Table for Two Tuesday this month...that would be a lovely feature.

Marigene said...

Adorable bistro table! Love the candlesticks with the peachy candles.

Cynthia said...

Cute post! Lovely tablescape. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Anita Diaz said...

First, the table and chairs are adorable, and the setting is too cute! Love how you layered the placemats too. Thanks for coming by, I hope you will visit again:-) Anita

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How fun! Love your greens and those sweet red love birds!

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! Such a cheerful color scheme!
I love your bistro set too!

The Tablescaper said...

So adorable! Great bistro set. I can see many great tablescapescoming from it.

Hope you'll join my meme "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to you. Come join us.

- The Tablescaper

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your table is absolutely darling. You certainly dressed it up in style.. I enjoyed my visit.. thank you for swinging by to say hello.
hugs ~lynne~

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I love that table too! So sweet. Have a great weekend.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Tess said...

Perfect summer setting and the "guests" are so cute!! Your bistro set is perfect. Hope your weather was great for it!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love ;your colorful little table with the cute little bird...what a lovely little table andl chairs, soo darned cute...I am a new follower, I will be back for a visit, come on over....

Johanna Gehrlein said...

I loove your bistro set. This is really stunning. And then you have such a nice tablecloth with napkins and this pretty placemats. All looks very nice and with the candlellight really charming. Such a fun with the little bird. Glad, she has found him. Cute.
Greetings, Johanna

Erin said...

Wow I LOVE your bistro set and all the prettiness going on on top! I'm hoping to move to a place with a porch soon, and this is EXACTLY the feel of an outdoor space I'd like to have.

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Your bistro table and chairs are so pretty, and those place mats are so cute!