Thursday, July 22, 2010

Let's Celebrate, A Formal Celebration with My FAV58

Let's Celebrate!  I'm joining the celebration with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and all the other dish-a-holics.  It's Susan's 100th Tablescape Thursday.  Whoo hooo!  There are some beautiful tablescapes set for this occasion.  Speaking of which before your visit BNOTP, let me tell you about my tablescape.

This tablescape has been in the works since I polished the St Ann/St Moritz flatware that I inherited.  You can see that post here.  I also inherited the china used in today's tablescape.  For the longest time, I could not figure out the name of the pattern.  I searched the Internet.  Then finally, a couple of weeks ago on eBay, I saw a platter just like mine.  In my Internet search, I typed Fanolina because that is what I thought the imprint on the bottom of this china was; but the results yielded "Favolina".   Alas, I know that my pattern is named FAV58.  It was made in Poland.  From my dear Mommy, I inherited a set of eight.  Two of the dinner plates are broken in two.  The teapot that you will see on the buffet has a similar curly q pattern as the plate's edges, but it is by Burhem (if I'm making out the letters correctly) from England.

Initially, I wanted to use a different centerpiece with real flowers.  Since I do not have my own garden, I was going to Trader Joe's.   They have a good variety of inexpensive flowers.  Nevertheless, I did not make it to Trader Joe's.  So last week, I decided to use two topiaries along with an arrangement of faux roses.  I made these to compliment our wedding photo of Mr Wonderful and me which is proudly displayed above our mantel in the family room.  There are peach roses in my bridal bouquet.  I did take pics to share, but the flash's light invaded the pics.  (I have a Canon PowerShot A540 and don't know what Mr Wonderful did with the instructions.  If anyone knows how to turn off the flash, please shoot me an e-mail at tablescaping.escapades@gmail.com.)  Please enjoy My FAV58 formal tablescape.  Because of its sentimental value, it's one of my favorite patterns.  You know how we like to share our favorite things with our friends, so I am glad it's this special celebration of the 100th Tablescape Thursday to share with all of you.












































FAV58 manufactured by Favolina:  Inherited
St Ann/St Moritz Super plate Flatware:  Inherited
Teapot:  Inherited
Etched Glassware/Stemware:  Inherited
Decanter (to serve Jasmine Iced Tea):  From my decanter collection
Base from Topiaries and container holding faux roses: Alsip Home Nursery
Frosted Duet candlesticks and frosted votive holders:  Partylite
Sferra Tablecloth and Napkins:  Horchow
Silverplated Chargers with Gold-beaded Border:  JCPenney (years ago)
Scroll Knife Rests:  Bombay Company

Thanks for visiting!

All the Best,

Requi

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful china, and what a great tablecloth-enjoy!

craftyles said...

The silver and tablecloth are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your wonderful table!

Just a dreamer said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful. The tablecloth is particularly stunning. This is the first time I've visited your site. I will be back. Jackie

Sweetladyelaine said...

The tablecloth and dishes are beautiful! You set such a perfect table..Thank you for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a beautiful formal table setting. I love your dishes and what beautiful linens.

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

So pretty and elegant! You have some beautiful pieces!

Donna

Entertaining Women said...

This is one of the prettiest china patterns that I've seen today. No wonder you are so happy with it...it is gorgeous. You did a good job on your tablescape. I think that the topiariaries are very effective. I noticed that the motif in the beautiful napkin is complementary to the design shape on the rim of the plate. Nice detail. Thank you for sharing your tablescape. Cherry Kay

Debbiedoos said...

Oh that is just stunning...the dishes, and the table linens are to die for!~ You did a great job, thanks for stopping over mine as well!~

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Requi,
your table is so beautiful, really perfect to celebrate a 100th anniversary. The china is really nice but your tablescape skills made the table to a real treasure. All look so neat and charming, starting with this breath taking tablecloth and napkins and going on with the pretty crytal and flatware. And I love your knife rests, they are really stunning. Thank you for sharing this great table.
Greetings, Johanna

Debbie said...

I love the colors and pattern of those dishes. When you said they were from Poland, I thought that the colors fit with other things that I have from that area.

Your whole table is lovely with its topiaries and roses and linens.

Barbara said...

What beautiful china! That is one of my favorite things about TT, getting to see all the lovely china that I have never seen before. The silver is pretty too. The table linens set off the china perfectly. I love each detail on this table. Here is the manual for your camera: http://its.lafayette.edu/downloads/pdfs/manuals/CanonPowerShotA530Manual.pdf The same manual has the 530 and the 540. Hope it helps!

Sharlotte said...

Your table is so pretty! The tablecloth and napkins are gorgeous, so crisp and clean. I also love your china set, I know they are very special to you. All your extras make the table so elegant and inviting. Thanks so much for sharing!
Sharlotte

susan said...

Requi-You have inherited some beautiful things. I especially love that beautiful teapot. Now what are we having to eat with all that beautiful flatware?? :). I bet you could email Canon for the answer on the camera flash.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Requi, this is just such a gorgeous table! I loved everything from the china to the flatware to the goblets to the linens. And speaking of which, that cloth is just GORGEOUS. So, so pretty. Love the fact that so many of the things you used were family herilooms. That makes them that much more special.

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tess said...

Incredible tablescape! Your dishes are gorgous!! I love the color of them...they are perfect for so many occasions. Your linens are gorgeous too. It's ALL beautiful!

Anita Diaz said...

Gorgeous china! So many other beautiful things too, but that tablecloth is just breathtaking! I do not have anything like that, just gorgeous!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beautiful! Love the knife rests and that gorgeous tablecloth! The china is lovely...so nice that it was passed down to you! :-)
Susan

Marigene said...

WOW! S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.
I love the china and your linens are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your beautiful table.

The Charm of Home said...

Your table is so classic and elegant. I love this look. The linens, china, and crystal are just gorgeous. Like the floral arrangements too. Very pretty.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry

Sue said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It gives me the opportunity to see so many new blogs and I just love that. Your dishes are so beautiful, and your tablecloth is especially nice. I am sadly lacking in the linen department I see as I view all these lovely blogs. How fun to have something new to search for!!

Meg said...

Hi there! This is Megan from Mikasa. This tablescape is so beautiful, and we love the way that you incorporated the Jamestown stemware. We're going to post about your blog on our Facebook and Twitter today - be sure to check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/mikasadining
http://www.twitter.com/mikasadining