Thursday, September 30, 2010

Autumn Leaves

It's Autumn, and oh how I love the colors of Autumn.  I've brought out my Autumn box so that I may busy myself with arranging Autumn vignettes around our home.  One of the first things I did was set a centerpiece in the heart of our home.  The rustling leaves in this wreath greet us with rich Autumn colors.


For the centerpiece, I paid a visit to my candle closet and gathered candles representative of my beloved season ~ Mulled Cider, Tuscan Vineyards, and Sienna.


Here is a pic of the pattern in my autumnal tablecloth.  My goodness, something about these colors just makes my pupils dance ~ love these colors.  They're so visually pleasing.  Talk about an eyeful, LOL.

This tablecloth expresses many colors of Autumn.  For a large surface such as a sofa (in this case a table), designers recommend using solids and neutrals, then complimenting with pattern.



 Well, I opted for a tablecloth with a beautiful pattern and used dishes in a solid neutral with a raised design.


I doubled up on the napkins to add more autumnal color and another Autumn leaf.  The flatware highlights additional color from the tablecloth.


Since, I’ve already loaded up on pattern, the ribbed stemware introduces more texture.


The layers showcase the neutrals, raised texture, and the ornate charger ~ ooh la la la.


Autumn, scattered about the tablescape …


These are scented candles, so we will not burn them during dinner.


Candlelight for ambiance…





Lemonade to go with polish sausage with grilled peppers and onions and fries.  My very talented friend Diane from Painted Pozzie’s hand painted this lovely pitcher.  Click here to check her out on Facebook.


Tummies had a plenty.  Sweet Pea and Sugar Pudding have retired to bed to get an early start for school tomorrow.  Mr Wonderful and I are going to watch some primetime on the tube.  Goodnight dear friends.


Be sure and visit our gracious hostess, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch to see all of the fabulous tablescapes for Tablescape Thursday.Ridgefield Home Tablecloth and matching napkins, coordinating napkins: HomeGoods
Treasures Gathered on my Tablescaping Escapades:
Sicily Caramel Dinnerware Set by Thomson Pottery and Chargers: Old Time Pottery
Barenthal Flatware: HomeGoods or Marshalls
Amber Iced Beverage Stemware: JCPenney’s
Autumn Wreath: Tuesday Morning
Hurricane and Iced Crystal Trio: Partylite
Pitcher: Painted Pozzie’s

All the Best,
Requi

15 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your tablescape is gorgeous. Love your tablecloth. YOur centerpiece is just stunning. I love the candles in the hurricane and the wreath is beatiful. It is so nice the way you layered the napkins too. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

Barbara said...

That tablecloth is so pretty and you did such a nice job building everything around it. I love the colors you chose. The napkins look so pretty done that way.

Marigene said...

Requi, very, very pretty fall table. The colors are so warm, from the tablecloth to the rich amber of the stemware.

Alycia Nichols said...

I agree with the ladies above: that is a really pretty fall table linen to showcase your dishes. I like the stemware, too. The ribbing gives it a lot of character!

Savannah Granny said...

This really gets me in the mood for the upcoming season. Such a beautiful table. Love the coordination between the cloth, flatware, glassware. You are right this is makes the eyes dance. Thanks for sharing!

Ginger

Carol at Serendipity said...

Very lovely. I love the way you did the napkins! Centerpiece is gorgeous.

Carol

Sevenbeads said...

Those brown glasses really caught my eye. And the centerpiece brings out all your fall colors. Pretty Table!

Entertaining Women said...

Each element that you have chosen has come together so well to create a beautiful tablescape. Everything works perfectly! Thank you for sharing your charmig design. Cherry Kay

Rettabug said...

Fabulous autumn colors, Requi... your centerpiece looks very unique with the 3 flames inside the hurricane & I like the beautiful tablecloth beneath it, as well.

Cool how you folded the two napkins together for added punch.
Well done!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful table, loved the way your napkins were folded and your centerpiece is very unique! I have a large hurricane like your, but I have never thought of using it the way you did, that is beautiful. Your wreath just says fall. Thanks for sharing and visiting!
Sandy

xinex said...

Everything just looks so warm and beautiful, Requi. I love your tablecloth! The centerpiece is just perfect...Christine

Tricia said...

Oh, your candlering and hurricane make a stunning centerpiece! They really complement that wonderful floral tablecloth. I love your amber stemware, too -- gorgeous!

Anita Diaz said...

Beautiful table! I love your tablecloth and the beautiful napkins too!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Your tablescape is so lovely ~ the colors and textures are perfect!

I would love to be seated at your warm, welcoming table... Very nice.

Fifi Flowers said...

Autumn leaves are soooo PRETTY!!! NOTHING like them!!! Nature is AMAZING!!!