Monday, December 10, 2012

Thankful, Thankful

Thankful, thankful, Lord I adore thee! Wow, it has been over two years since my last post. So much has happened.... milestones, loss, and triumphs... life. Through it all, I am glad I prevailed, thanks to Almighty God.




Over three years ago on a Thursday, I conducted an Internet search for a celebrity chef’s tablescape, but what I found was Between Naps on the Porch. Just about every Thursday after that first chance encounter, I have visited Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. As time went on, I wanted to comment on all of the beautiful tablescapes on Tablescape Thursday and join the party.  I was really excited to learn that so many others enjoy tablescaping as much as I do.



After I had been laid off for several months, I decided to join blogland so that I could compliment creative tablescapes of other dish-a-holics and participate in blog parties. I had a ball sharing my Tablescaping Escapades and visiting other blogs. Although I have not posted in over two years, I have still been on many Tablescaping Escapades.



My previous employer was acquired by a competitor, hence my layoff. Actually, it was a stressful environment and I really wanted a year off to myself, spend more time as a Domestic Diva with Sweet Pea and Sugar Puddin’, and entertain family and friends, breathe, relax – not really. How could I help support my family? How would we survive? God knows the desires of our hearts.







Someone, an angel, contacted me about an opportunity. The more I learned about the organization, the more I liked it. The company mission seemed to align with my personal mission which is based upon The Prayer of Jabez, “O God and King, please expand my opportunities and my impact in such a way that I touch more lives for Your glory. Let me do more for You!”



There were a couple of hiccups during the interview process, but I just knew, this company had to be the one. Exactly one year to the date I was laid off, I received a job offer from my current employer. Hallelujah! God knows the desires of our hearts, and He fulfilled my desire and answered my subconscious prayer – a year off work.  Now, back to work I go, happily and thankfully.



When I told my father-in-love this story, he said you should write a journal about it. I will, I told him.



Before I sit down to my computer as I commence my work day, I repeat my mission to myself and thank God because I feel that my service to my employer really has a positive impact on many lives, to God be the Glory.



I plan on sharing how thankful I am with Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper and Tablescape Thursday with Between Naps on the Porch.

All the Best,

Requi




3 comments:

Denise Marie said...

Lovely post! You are showcasing a delicious china. I think my Spode Woodland is fashioned after it.

Alycia Nichols said...

Welcome back, Requi!!! You have been gone far too long! I am so happy to hear of the good fortune that has come your way and how happy you are with your new job! All good things come in time when we believe! :-) Your table is absolutely lovely, and I LOVE the dishes!!! The pattern with all the woodland creatures is so pretty and perfect for this time of year. I really like the larger-than-life acorns in the centerpiece, too. Fun! I hope you'll stick around for awhile and share more pretty tablescapes with us all! Meanwhile, Happy New Year to you and yours! Be safe!!!

Shwetablog said...

grt