Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Brunch 2012

I certainly hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior and enjoy time with family and friends, truly the best gifts of all.



Every Christmas morning, we have Christmas Brunch after Sweet Pea and Sugar Puttin’ open and play with their presents. My in-laws join us since they come first thing in the morning, so I set a place for them, too.


This year on my Tablescaping Escapades at HomeGoods, I found a beautiful set of china by Grace TEA WARE, no pattern name. Hopefully, I will find more pieces next year. I have eight plates, eight cups and saucers, four salad/side plates, one small oval platter, and four small berry/soup bowls (not shown). They are trimmed in gold with a ring of berries and on a vine of leaves – just adorable. I have other Grace TEA WARE pieces without pattern, but far from ordinary, like the butter dish included in my Thankful, Thankful post.

In the center, there is a tiered tea cup and saucer holder or a cupcake stand, depends upon how you use it.  Today, its a tea cup and saucer holder.  My second mother (my dad's dear wife) found this tea cup and saucer holder, brushed with the slightest hint of gold in an antique store.  This summer, she had taken me antiquing and I found one of these stands.  We hunted for another one to no avail, but later she found this one and brought it to me; I was so delighted.



Each place setting is set upon charger plates, a thrifty find for a $1 each at the antique mall. The flatware is gold-plated Grand Duchess. These seemed to complement the dishes. I purchased a set of twelve a several years ago from Tuesday Morning. I had been admiring them on Horchow, so you can imagine my merriment when they were $99.00 at Tuesday Morning with the flatware chest – love it!


The green goblets are from Target, a great find a few years ago. At the time, Target had lavender or purple stems, too; I wished I had gotten those, as well.  Those uber gorgeous tri-color organza napkins are from Pier 1.  The gold-banded napkin rings were my darling mother's; we were out on Tablescaping Escapades at Stroud's.


Usually for brunch, I pick a dish or two from one of my holiday recipe books are magazines. This year, I kept it simple with good old fashioned buttermilk pancakes with a variety of syrups to suite your taste buds, turkey bacon, broccoli and cheese quiche, orange juice, coffee and tea.

Enjoy the sweet taste of success in 2013!

Tablescaping Escapades

I'm joining Susan's Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.  Stop by the porch and see all of the beautiful tablescapes.


Happy New Year!

All the Best,

Requi

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Seems to be an awesome Christmas brunch party. Last week, I arranged a cocktail cum dinner party with my friends on eve of New Year at one of exotic LA venues. Got to know about this venue through internet and had an excellent party.